geoscience.net logo
+ Resolve Article
+ Follow Us
Follow on FacebookFollow on Facebook
Follow on TwitterFollow on Twitter

+ Translate
+ Subscribe to Site Feed
GeoScience Most Shared ContentMost Shared Content

Identification and succession of lactic acid bacteria during fermentation of 'urutan', a Balinese indigenous fermented sausage


, : Identification and succession of lactic acid bacteria during fermentation of 'urutan', a Balinese indigenous fermented sausage. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology 18(3): 255-262

'Urutan' is a Balinese traditional fermented sausage, which is made of lean pork and fat mixed with spices, sugar and salt. The mixture is stuffed into cleaned pig intestine and fermented under uncontrolled condition during sun drying for 5 days. The investigation showed that lactic acid bacteria (LAB) were the dominating bacteria during 'urutan' fermentation. Among the 71 isolates obtained, lactobacilli dominated by 77.5% and the other 22.5% were pediococci.

US$19.90

DOI: 10.1023/a:1014976008282


Other references

Zhao, Z.; Wei, X.; Aliwarga, Y.; Carnt, N.A.; Garrett, Q.; Willcox, M.D.P., 2008: Proteomic analysis of protein deposits on worn daily wear silicone hydrogel contact lenses. Previous studies have demonstrated deposition of tear proteins onto worn contact lenses. In this study, we used proteomic techniques to analyze the protein deposits extracted from worn daily wear silicone hydrogel contact lenses in combination wit...

Longwell, Tj, 1985: Permafrost means problems for Alaskan natives. Soil survey horizonser 26(4): 8-10

Prosser N.S.; Rockland D.B.; Radonski G.C., 1988: The roles of life cycle theory aquaculture and economics in marine fisheries management. Transactions of the North American Wildlife & Natural Resources Conference : 577-583

Conner, C.S., 1979: Errors in the de Haen Drugs-in-Use Drug Information System. American Journal of Hospital Pharmacy 36(4): 448, 152-448, 152

Zauberman, H.; DeGuillebon, H., 1972: Retinal traction in vivo and postmortem. Archives of Ophthalmology 87(5): 549-554

Nichols Kyle K.; Bierman Paul R.; Eppes M.C.; Finkel Robert C.; Caffee Marc W.; Larsen Jennifer, 2003: The life of desert piedmont sediment; sediment tracing using cosmogenic nuclides. At the East Range Road piedmont in the Mojave Desert, we used cosmogenic (super 10) Be and (super 26) Al to trace sediment from the source basins to the adjacent piedmont in order to quantify millennial-scale sediment budgets, surface histories, a...

D'agostino R.B.; Tietjen G.L., 1971: Simulation probability points of b sub 2 for small samples. Biometrika 58(3): 669-672

Asahara, N., 1978: Ultrastructural observations of the choroid-Bruch's membrane-pigment epithelium on an extensive retinochoroidal detachment associated with nanophthalmos. Nippon Ganka Gakkai Zasshi 82(3): 181-190

Staples R.E., 1986: Developmental hazard assessment. Teratology 34(3): 438

Hoshino, S.; Takahashi, H.; Shimura, T.; Nakazawa, S.; Naito, Z.; Asano, G., 1994: Melanotic neuroectodermal tumor of infancy in the skull associated with high serum levels of catecholamine. Case report. The case of a 5-month-old boy with a left retromastoid melanotic neuroectodermal tumor of infancy is presented. The tumor extended from the subcutaneous tissue of the occiput to the cerebellar hemisphere. Histologically, the epidural part of the t...