geoscience.net logo
+ Resolve Article
+ Follow Us
Follow on FacebookFollow on Facebook
Follow on TwitterFollow on Twitter

+ Translate
+ Subscribe to Site Feed
GeoScience Most Shared ContentMost Shared Content

Expression of complement regulatory proteins in diffuse proliferative glomerulonephritis


, : Expression of complement regulatory proteins in diffuse proliferative glomerulonephritis. Lupus 9(2): 127-131

This study assessed the expression of complement receptor 1 (CR1), decay accelerating factor (DAF) and membrane inhibitor of reactive lysis (CD59) on the erythrocytes and glomerulus of diffuse proliferative glomerulonephritis (DPGN) of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) patients using flow cytometry and immunofluorescence techniques to elucidate their role in the pathogenesis of DPGN. Expression of CR1 on the erythrocytes and glomerulus of DPGN patients was reduced compared with expression in normal subjects. However, expression of DAF and CD59 was increased on both erythrocytes and glomerulus of DPGN patients, suggesting the generation of a protective response against complement-mediated injury.

US$19.90

PMID: 10787010

DOI: 10.1191/096120300678828154


Other references

Kaplan, N.M., 1996: The deadly quartet and the insulin resistance syndrome: an historical overview. Since the original observations by Vague almost 50 years ago, a massive literature has documented the pathological consequences of upper body or visceral obesity. These consequences likely relate to the presence of hyperinsulinemia. More recently,...

Schindler, C.W.; Graczyk, Z.; Gilman, J.P.; Negus, S.Stevens.; Bergman, J.; Mello, N.K.; Goldberg, S.R., 2007: Effects of kappa opioid agonists alone and in combination with cocaine on heart rate and blood pressure in conscious squirrel monkeys. As kappa agonists have been proposed as treatments for cocaine abuse, the cardiovascular effects of the kappa opioid receptor agonists ethylketocyclazocine (EKC) and enadoline were investigated in conscious squirrel monkeys. Both EKC and enadoline...

Kumar, A.; Kumar, P.; Kathuria, P.; Misra, S.; Pandit, A.Kishor.; Chakravarty, K.; Prasad, M., 2016: Genetics of ischemic stroke: An Indian scenario. Stroke, a heterogeneous multifactorial disorder, is known to be a major cause of death and adult disability within both the developed and developing countries. Approximately 85% of stroke cases are ischemic, whereas the remaining 15% are hemorrhag...

Berger, E.N.; Boliarskaia, V.A., 1968: Changes in the cardio-inhibitory effect of stimulation of the vagus nerve during experimental adrenal function disorders. Biulleten' Eksperimental'noi Biologii i Meditsiny 65(6): 41-42

Ding, Y.; Tian, R.; Yang, Z.; Chen, J.; Lu, N., 2017: Effects of serum albumin on the degradation and cytotoxicity of single-walled carbon nanotubes. Neutrophil myeloperoxidase (MPO) and peroxynitrite (ONOO<sup>-</sup>) can oxidatively biodegrade carboxylated single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWCNTs). The protein-SWCNTs interactions will play an important role in the degradation and c...

Dixey, R.N., 1945: Pre-war farming and the soil. Discussion of agricultural production in Britain in the period 1924-1938 and of the gains and returns brought to the soil through grass farming, imported feeding stuffs, fertilizers, etc. Tabulated data are given as far as possible under these hea...

Padovani, G., 1951: 49th Congress of French Speaking Psychiatrists and Neurologists, Rennes, 16-22 July 1951. Giornale di Psichiatria E di Neuropatologia 79(3): 425-434

Anonymous, 1994: Variety: 'Rich Lady' synonym '8GC128'. Application no. 92/102. Submitted for the registration of plant variety rights in Australia, this peach (Prunus persica) variety was developed via the open pollination of the peach cv. Amparo and is propagated by budding onto peach rootstocks. Rich Lady was evaluated tog...

Thombre, A.G.; Berchielli, A.; Rogers, J.F., 2015: Extemporaneously prepared controlled release formulations for accelerating the early phase development of drug candidates. Extemporaneous drug preparations, which are compounded by a pharmacist at a clinical site, are commonly used in early clinical studies to evaluate the performance of drug candidates. However, the types of formulations compounded have been limited...

Kandiah, V.; Shepelyansky, D.L., 2013: Google matrix analysis of DNA sequences. For DNA sequences of various species we construct the Google matrix [Formula: see text] of Markov transitions between nearby words composed of several letters. The statistical distribution of matrix elements of this matrix is shown to be described...