geoscience.net logo
+ Resolve Article
+ Follow Us
Follow on FacebookFollow on Facebook
Follow on TwitterFollow on Twitter

+ Translate
+ Subscribe to Site Feed
GeoScience Most Shared ContentMost Shared Content

Inhibitory effect of oxytocin on the milk-ejection reflex


, : Inhibitory effect of oxytocin on the milk-ejection reflex. J. Dairy Sci, 50: 6, 977

21 cows were injected with 100 ru oxytocin 8-9 h before evening milking and the proportion of residual milk at evening milking determined with 10 IU oxytocin after milking. The cows previously injected with oxytocin yielded 72% of the total mammary gland content compared with 87% in saline-injected controls (P= <0.00l) leaving a residual milk proportion of 28 and 13 % of the total respectively. The total yields (normal + residual) were not significantly different between the 2 groups.

US$29.90


Other references

Homa, Mónika.; Shobana, C.S.; Singh, Y.R.B.; Manikandan, P.; Selvam, K.P.; Kredics, László.; Narendran, V.; Vágvölgyi, C.; Galgóczy, László., 2014: Fusarium keratitis in South India: causative agents, their antifungal susceptibilities and a rapid identification method for the Fusarium solani species complex. Seventy Fusarium isolates derived from human keratomycosis were identified based on partial sequences of the β-tubulin (β-TUB) and translation elongation factor 1α (EF-1α) genes. Most of the isolates were confirmed as members of the F. solani...

Tobias, P.V., 1973: Implications of the new age estimates of the early South African hominids. Nature 246(5428): 79-83

Wehrmann, M., 1984: Purpose and scope of adult education in Somalia. In Somalia, adult education is given very limited support by the government. It is inadequately financed and staffed, and therefore cannot function efficiently. This is in contrast to the successful literacy campaign, which was fully supported by...

Cottarel, G.; Wierzbowski, J., 2007: Combination drugs, an emerging option for antibacterial therapy. The emerging and sustained resistance to antibiotics and the poor pipeline of new antibacterials is creating a major health issue worldwide. Bacterial pathogens are increasingly becoming resistant even to the most recently approved antibiotics. Fe...

Rodrigo, A.; Wimalasingham, V., 2007: Western model of community mental health care: its applicability to Sri Lanka. Ceylon Medical Journal 51(4): 143-144

Wojcicki, M.; Patkowski, W.; Chmurowicz, T.; Bialek, A.; Wiechowska-Kozlowska, A.; Stankiewicz, Rł.; Milkiewicz, P.; Krawczyk, M., 2014: Isolated right posterior bile duct injury following cholecystectomy: report of two cases. Anatomic variations of the right biliary system are one of the most common risk factors for sectoral bile duct injury (BDI) during cholecystectomy. Isolated right posterior BDI may in particular be a challenge for both diagnosis and management. He...

Churchill, J.L., 2007: What's a dentist to do? Hi-yo silver... Northwest Dentistry 86(5): 37-38

Ilnicki R.D.; Justin J.R.; Michieka R.W., 1976: Combinations of herbicides with paraquat or glyphosate for weed control in double crop soybeans. Proceedings of the Northeastern Weed Science Society 30: 23-24

Morgan, D.L.; Gill, H.S., 2004: Fish fauna in inland waters of the Pilbara (Indian Ocean) Drainage Division of Western Australia - evidence for three subprovinces. Zootaxa. 10 September; 636: 1-43

Duvick, J.; Simmons, C.R.; Crasta, O.R.; Folkerts, O., 2002: Use of beta-glucosidase to enhance disease resistance and resistance to insects in crop plants. Methods for the enhancement of plant disease resistance are provided. The methods comprise transforming said plant with a gene encoding beta-glucosidase and increasing the expression said gene above wild-type levels. Transformed plants, plant cell...