geoscience.net logo
+ Resolve Article
+ Follow Us
Follow on FacebookFollow on Facebook
Follow on TwitterFollow on Twitter

+ Translate
+ Subscribe to Site Feed
GeoScience Most Shared ContentMost Shared Content

Patients affected by premature ejaculation due to glans hypersensitivity refuse circumcision as a potential definite treatment for their problem


, : Patients affected by premature ejaculation due to glans hypersensitivity refuse circumcision as a potential definite treatment for their problem. Andrologia 46(4): 349-355

The diagnosis of premature ejaculation (PE) was based on a score > 8 at the PEDT five-item questionnaire. Local anaesthetic treatment (LAT) was the first-line therapy. Subjects who obtained a normalisation of EPDT score (≤8) were considered responders to LAT and even affected by lifelong PE due glans hypersensitivity. We proposed to patients not completely satisfied with LAT to undergo circumcision as a potential definitive treatment for PE. All patients received exhaustive information about potential benefits, limitations and complications. In case of refusal, each man was asked for the reasons of his choice. A total of 152 patients were recruited. Hundred and twenty-four patients among 152 (81.6%) positively responded to LAT. Among the 124 LAT responders, 21 (17%) were completely satisfied. The remaining 103 men experienced adverse reactions. It was proposed to such patients if they would be interested to a definitive form of treatment to resolve their problem. All the patients responded positively to this question. Only four patients among them (3.9%) accepted. The remaining 99 (96.1%) refused providing the following reasons of their choice: absence of guarantees 82.8%; irreversibility of the procedure creating a permanent body alteration 75.7%; costs of the procedure 12.1%; fear of potential complications 7%.

US$19.90

PMID: 23496834

DOI: 10.1111/and.12083


Other references

Payne, D., 1981: Lapwing breeding survey in Avon, 1980. Bristol Ornithology, 136-137 No. 14

Koeppel Robert, 1935: Der Urmensch von Nazareth. Discusses recent discovery of human remains in early diluvial deposits of the Kafze cave, Nazareth region, Palestine.

Collin J.J., 1986: Water and nitrates, underground danger. Total Information: Pages 13-15. 1986.

Villaveces, A.; Cummings, P.; Koepsell, T.D.; Rivara, F.P.; Lumley, T., 2001: Effect of alcohol-related laws on deaths due to motor vehicle crashes in the United States, 1980-1997. American Journal of Epidemiology 153(11 Supplement): S74, June 1

James, R.R.; Croft, B.A.; Strauss, S.H., 1999: Susceptibility of the cottonwood leaf beetle (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae) to different strains and transgenic toxins of Bacillus thuringiensis. Populus spp. (which include cottonwoods, aspens, and poplars) are important sources of wood, wood fiber (pulp), and biofuels throughout the world, and are often intensively managed in short rotation stands. The cottonwood leaf beetle, Chrysomela s...

Kafali, H.; Verit, A.; Verit, F.; Demir, N., 2003: Expeditious method of urethrovesical junction determination in retropubic colposuspension with intraballoon illumination of Foley catheter. Objective: To investigate the efficiency and safety of Foley catheter intraballoon illumination in determining the urethrovesical junction (UVJ) in retropubic colposuspension. Method: Our accessory set for UVJ determination is composed of a 24-fre...

Feldmann R., 1972: Quantitative inventory of salamander spawning grounds in southern westphalia in 1971. Natur und Heimat 32(1): 1-8

Srisuk, P.; Correlo, V.M.; Leonor, I.B.; Palladino, P.; Reis, R.L., 2016: Redox activity of melanin from the ink sac of Sepia officinalis by means of colorimetric oxidative assay. The redox properties of natural extract from cuttlefish ink sac (Sepia officinalis) and synthetic melanin used as a biomimetic in melanin structural investigation were determined by comparison of this phenol-based heterogeneous pigment with gallic...

L'hirondel, J.; Guihard, J., 1960: Apropos of some hypotrophies of renal origin. Archives Francaises de Pediatrie 17: 960-962

Saad Rached, I.Cordeiro.Freire.; Castro, Fábio.Morato.; Guzzo, M.Luiza.; de Mello, S.Beatriz.Veríssimo., 2010: Anti-inflammatory effect of bee venom on antigen-induced arthritis in rabbits: influence of endogenous glucocorticoids. This study assessed the involvement of endogenous glucocorticoids (GCs) in the anti-arthritic properties of bee venom (BV) on antigen-induced arthritis (AIA) in rabbits. BV (1.5-6 microg/kg/day) was injected for 7 days before AIA induction, wherea...