geoscience.net logo
+ Resolve Article
+ Follow Us
Follow on FacebookFollow on Facebook
Follow on TwitterFollow on Twitter

+ Translate
+ Subscribe to Site Feed
GeoScience Most Shared ContentMost Shared Content

Intravesical tape erosion following the tension-free vaginal tape procedure for stress urinary incontinence


, : Intravesical tape erosion following the tension-free vaginal tape procedure for stress urinary incontinence. International Journal of Urology 12(7): 696-698

We report a case of intravesical tape erosion which occurred 6 months after the tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) procedure, which was successfully treated by partial tape removal. A 75-year-old woman, who had complained of recurrent cystitis after TVT procedure, was referred to Kobe City General Hospital in August 2003. The intravesical tape erosion was revealed by cystoscopy and computed tomography, and the tape was removed with a retropubic approach. The recurrent cystitis has been cured and the stress urinary incontinence has not recurred. The intravesical tape erosion was rare, with only seven reported cases including the present case.

US$19.90

PMID: 16045567

DOI: 10.1111/j.1442-2042.2005.01132.x


Other references

Anonymous, 2011: Profile - Dr. Maja Stupar, DC. Journal of the Canadian Chiropractic Association 55(1): 6-6

Fanning, Anne, 1998: Population-based RFLP studies in western Canada. Abstracts of the General Meeting of the American Society for Microbiology 98: 22

Nell, A.; Steinhauser, G.; Schiestl, W.; Sperr, W., 1993: Measuring drinking water fluoridation in Vorarlberg. A pilot study was undertaken in Vorarlberg to determine the concentration of fluoride ions in drinking water. The results showed that 91.3% of the population was supplied by drinking water containing under 0.3 ppm fluoride and the remaining 8.7% b...

Hosmon B.D.; Thompson L.H.; Giles J.R.; Arkins S.; Camacho T., 1987: Effects of collection frequency on the sperm output patterns of mature boars. Journal of Animal Science 65(SUPPL 1): 423

Gottwald T.R., 1982: Spore discharge studies of the pecan scab fungus cladosporium caryigenum. Phytopathology 72(3): 357

Marczynski, J., 1996: Use of calcium sucrocarbonate for purification of raw juice. According to Grabka, Ca sucrocarbonate may be prepared by slaking crushed quicklime in a mixture of pulp-press water and filtrate containing 10-15% sucrose at 80-90 degrees C to give saccharate with alkalinity 5-6% CaO (w/v), then cooling to 20-25...

Kooy, F.K.; Ma, M.; Beeftink, H.H.; Eggink, G.; Tramper, J.; Boeriu, C.G., 2008: Quantification and characterization of enzymatically produced hyaluronan with fluorophore-assisted carbohydrate electrophoresis. Hyaluronan (HA) is a polysaccharide with high-potential medical applications, depending on the chain length and the chain length distribution. Special interest goes to homogeneous HA oligosaccharides, which can be enzymatically produced using Past...

Scazza, F.; Valtolina, G.; Massignan, P.; Recati, A.; Amico, A.; Burchianti, A.; Fort, C.; Inguscio, M.; Zaccanti, M.; Roati, G., 2017: Repulsive Fermi Polarons in a Resonant Mixture of Ultracold ^{6}Li Atoms. We employ radio-frequency spectroscopy to investigate a polarized spin mixture of ultracold ^{6}Li atoms close to a broad Feshbach scattering resonance. Focusing on the regime of strong repulsive interactions, we observe well-defined coherent quas...

Germano, D.J.; Williams, D.F.; Saslaw, L.R., 1997: Utility of 10-day censuses to estimate population size of blunt-nosed leopard lizards. The blunt-nosed leopard lizard, Gambelia sila, is an endangered species that increasingly is losing habitat within its range in the San Joaquin Valley of California. Determining local population size of this species sometimes is necessary for its...

Jarowski, C.I.; Puccini, A.V.; Winitz, M.; Otey, M.C., 1971: The utility of fasting essential amino acid plasma levels in the formulation of nutritionally adequate diets. 1. Sprague-Dawley rats. An equation is derived for calculating the daily requirements of essential amino acids of Sprague-Dawley rats, on the assumption that the limiting amino acid in the diet is the one which was in the least excess of the fasting plasma amino acids. F...